West Bengal Police Recruitment 2021 | Male/ Lady Constables | 8632 Posts | Madhyamik | Last Date: 20th February 2021 |
Organization Name :- West Bengal Police
The West Bengal Police is one of the two police forces of the Indian state of West Bengal. (The other is the Kolkata Police, which has a separate jurisdiction.)
The West Bengal Police was reorganized under provisions of the Police Act 1861 during the British Raj. It is headed by an officer designated as the Director General of Police who reports to the State Government through the Home (Police) Department. Shri Virendra, an IPS officer of 1985 batch is the DG & IGP of West Bengal Police since June 1, 2018.
Organization Website :- www.wbpolice.gov.in
Positions :- Male/ Lady Constables
Total Vacancies :- 8632 posts
- Male Constable: 7440 Posts
- Lady Constable: 1192 Posts
Experience :- Fresher/ Experienced
Job Location :- West Bengal
Salary :- Rs. 22,700 – 58,500/- PM
Candidates must complete Madhyamik examination from the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent.
Age Limit: (As on 01-01-2021) :-
- Candidate’s age must be minimum 18 years and maximum 27 years as in case of General Candidates. Relaxation is provided to the reserved category candidates.
- Height: 167 cm (Male), 160 cm (Female)
- Weight: 57kg for Male, 49 kg for Female
Selection Process :-
Candidates are selected based on their performance in the Preliminary Examination, Physical Standard Test/ Efficiency Test, Final Written test, Certificates Verification and Detailed Medical Examination.
Examination Pattern :-
- General Awareness and General Knowledge : 50 Marks
- Elementary Mathematics (Madhyamik standard) : 30 Marks
- Reasoning : 20 Marks
Application Fees :-
General candidates are required to pay Rs. 170/- and SC/ ST candidates have to pay fee of Rs. 20/-. Candidates have to pay fee through online mode.
How to Apply :-
- Candidates have to apply online for the posts of Constables Examination 2021 through www.wbpolice.gov.in
- Starting Date for Online Submission: 22-01-2021
- Last Date for Online Submission: 20-02-2021.